This super healthy and delicious dip takes minutes to make and is full of nutrient dense ingredients – high in essential healthy fats, vitamins, antioxidants and fibre. I love it on some sourdough toast! You can also have it on oatcakes, a baked sweet potato or on its own.
- 1 small peeled beetroot (roast in oven for 15 minutes)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (to own taste buds)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- 1/4 glass of water
- Peel and roast the beetroot for half an hour.
- Once the beetroot is cooled, chop up in to small pieces and blend all ingredients except the water. Add the water in slowly and blend further until smooth.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge. Will keep for 1 week.