What a treat! These are my favourite go-to snack that are delicious and healthy-ish – as long as you don’t eat them all in one sitting. A great snack to have with a nice cup of herbal tea.
For the flapjack base
- 1/3 coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cashew butter
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 2 cups of gluten free oats
- Handful of raisins (or cranberries, sultanas, dried apricots)
For the chocolate top
- Just under 1/2 a cup of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cashew butter
- 1/2 coconut oil (melted)
- pinch of sea salt
- Line a baking tin or dish with parchment paper.
- Make the flapjack mix first by mixing melted coconut oil, cashew butter and maple syrup until combined. Then add the raisins and oats and mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture in the tin or dish and press down firmly, then pop the mixture in the fridge.
- Next make the chocolate topping by mixing all the cacao, maple syrup, cashew butter, coconut oil and salt together in a bowl until well combined.
- Remove the flapjack mixture from the fridge and pour on the chocolate topping.
- Return to the fridge for about an hour to set. If you can’t wait then pop it in the freezer for 15 mins.
- Cut in to small squares and enjoy. These will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.