With the added health benefits of the sweet potato, this hummus is creamy and rich. A delicious healthy hummus that can be used as a spread or as a dip.
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 peeled small sweet potato (steamed or boiled)
- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- Approx 30ml of cold water
- Steam or boil a peeled and chopped sweet potato until soft.
- Add all ingredients (apart from the water) to a blender and blend for about 2 mins.
- Add in the water slowly and blend for another couple of mins.
- Add a little more water a little more oil if the mixture is too thick and blend again.
- Enjoy on some toast, oatcakes, on a baked potato or as a sandwich filler.