This is a favourite of mine. It’s delicious and warming dinner and can be whipped up in no time. It’s full of tasty veggies and full of nutrients. Enjoy!
Lentil & Vegetable Stew
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 carrot chopped
- A handful of mixed mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 stock cube
- 4 tomatoes chopped roughly
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 can butter beans drained
- 1/2 cup red lentils (soak for an hour)
- First cook the lentils in water and salt until soft. Approx 20 mins.
- In a large pan, sauté the onion in oil for about 5 minutes until very soft.
- Add the garlic and carrots and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the mushrooms and stock cube (mixed in 1/2 cup of water) stir to combine and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, cooked lentils, butter beans, chilli flakes, cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 8 minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
- Top with fresh coriander and serve with flatbread.