- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small sweet potato
- Half a cauliflower or tin of chickpeas
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- Veggie stock cube (I use Kallo)
- Saute the onion and cook until soft.
- Add in chopped garlic to the onions and cook for 2 more mins.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and some water to cover and cook for a few mins.
- Chop the sweet potato and cauliflower/chickpeas, add to the onions, garlic and tomatoes. Saute for a couple of mins. Add in the salt, cumin, chilli and a veg stock cube.
- In a separate pan half cook the brown rice then add to the veggies.
- Cover with water and place lid on for 10 mins.
- Stir and cook for another 10 mins or until soft.
- Season to taste and enjoy!