These are a delicious snack to make for yourself or your kids. With lots of healthy fats and vitamin C, these are perfect to keep you going through the day. I like to have some as a mid-afternoon snack. Make them on a Sunday night, so you have them ready for the week ahead.
Lemon Energy Balls
- 8-10 Medjool dates (use more if you want them sweeter)
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 tbsp of cashew butter
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Desiccated coconut
- Add the cashews to a food processor and blend until broken down.
- Add in the nut butter, coconut oil, chia seeds and blend. Then add the juice and zest.
- Finally add in the dates and blend until mixture comes together and sticky.
- Roll into balls and coat in desiccated coconut.
- Place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Enjoy as a snack through the day.
- Keep in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for a month (if they last that long!)